Creativity + Building 100

Last Saturday I was invited to join 3 workshops (1 on each school holiday) with my good friends, at RMIT. These workshops consisted ...



Last Saturday I was invited to join 3 workshops (1 on each school holiday) with my good friends, at RMIT. These workshops consisted of ways to help you with your portfolio you will be giving to universities and interview tips when they do accept you but would like an interview. I thought these workshops would be a lot of fun and very informative, which definitely was. 
We were also given an exclusive tour around Building 100, a new design building that exhibits many artists work. We were allowed in this open room with pink chairs and holes through the walls. I thought it looked quite interesting. It was an echoed room, which didn't work with the chairs when someone would hit it agaist the floor or if they would slightly move if they were to sit on it. But the room did look pleasant. 


I really didn't know what to wear for the day. I knew I was going to a party afterwords that had a smart casual attire, so I was in a bit of a dilemma to wear comfy, casual or stylish. I thought, why not be both? haha. 
OOTD:
Brown Leather Jacket: Cotton On 
Infinity Scarf: Supre
Daisy Top: Valley Girl
Jeans: Von Dutch 
Brown Boots: LipStik



Afterwards, we decided to go to the infamous Culture Kings. I've been there a few times, but Regina hasn't been at all, so since we had a few more hours we decided to check it out. I always love going there, call me a swag fag if you must, but I actually don't mind the brands and the clothing. I do however need to rant about how indescribably expensive everything is. I mean $35 for a beanie? $30-50 for a simple shirt? I just, I cannot even lol. I love the shop thought because they have their own DJ which plays such great music. I always need to Shazam or write down the title of the songs played. I could stay in CK all day just because of the music. The DJ's are pretty talented too, they do well at their art. 

Before leaving the city we headed to Melbourne's own graffiti lane. There were many people there, which I didn't expect. And many graffiti artists' were producing new work when we stopped by, so it was great to just stand and watch them do their thing. Regina needed to take photos for our Studio Art class, so we thought why not now. It was a fun experience, being a model haha. I'm terrible at posing though, I need direction, but it's a working progress that becomes better through experience. 




I really enjoyed today, mainly because it was a free day to do as much as we wanted. I love Melbourne's art and its culture, including the little things that make Melbourne unique. It inspired me for my own Studio Art work. Our architecture, our lanes full of graffiti and restaurants, our fashion, our spontaneous festivals and events. That is what I love. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images